Saturday, November 05, 2005

Reminder of what it's about

What a struggle it is for me sometimes to remember why we do what we do. Tonight we had these students come out to Catacombs and they are all so lonely, so desperate, so...without intimacy, and it is so sad.

So these students come. They are loud. Obnoxious. I got girls who are experimenting with lesbianism and they are all PDA-ing it all over the place and it's just rediculous. Uninvited guests into our ministry program.

And I don't know what to do. Two of them are in college and they shouldn't be there, but of course, if they are college students who are still hanging out with high schoolers, it does indicate some of thier immaturity. It's pointless to make a scene and kick them out. It's pointless to make a scene when they aren't displaying any more pda than we allow our heterosexual students. But they are so distracting!!!!

I don't want them there because they are taking the spotlight away from the students that we are trying to minister to.

But where else would I want the riff raff to be on a saturday night, than with us?

It's amazing how the lack of a relationship affects the situation. If they were students I cared about, I would feel different. If I knew these girls had been or were being abused at home by thier dad(s), then frick, their sexual experimentation is small beans.

When will I reach the point of looking at them, not as intruders, but fellow pilgrims? When will I begin to see them naturally as people loved by God? Why do I have to remind myself? why doesn't it come naturally? Instead of immidiately judging people and treating them like an interuption, why don't I love them for who they are and treat them as loved by God?

Part of it is that I want Catacombs to be a special place and when strangers come, it messes with the flow.

But Catacombs cannot be the program. Relationships have to be outside of it. So I'm going to meet with David and Matt on Monday after school, 3:20 PM ish. I need to call thier parents Sun PM.

Lord, there is so much I have to work on. Help me see people as loved by you. Help me see past thier obnoxious behavior. And help me love them like you love them. Help me have the balance to serve those entrusted to my care, and those who just dart in for a day or two. Help me become less. And you become more.

No comments: