Sunday, November 06, 2005

My Sunday highlight, before the 49ers get lit up...man, they suck!

I was sitting here in my office “blogging” when three of my students came in to my newly finely stinking done office and sat down on the couch and started playing with my Napoleon Dynamite toys and we were just talking and stuff when I realized that the sermon was about to begin so I’m all, “Dude, I am out of here.  Let’s go to church to hear the sermon!”

Of  course they were skipping church, which I didn’t realize till later.  Nevertheless, I left and really encouraged them to come with me, cause I really wanted to go (our SP is a really good orator).  So one of them tries to get the other two to ditch me so they can skip church…

…but…

…the two came with me to hear the end of the sermon and the one student came in just a few minutes later after he realized that skipping church by yourself just isn’t that much fun.  So we got to hear the rest of the sermon, we saw everyone get up and turn in their pledge envelopes (always pretty moving for me cause it’s so cool to see people giving to the church) and then got to enjoy communion together.  So fun.  Absolutely why I do what I do, to help students in their faith.

There is always that temptation to not push kids and to appear cool and I could have easily just hung out in my office and had fun with them and even had a good conversation.  And there would have been nothing wrong with that.  And it’s fun to, to demonstrate that being a part of the corporate body is really important to our faith and to lead out whether they were coming or not…it’s just a nice bonus to look back and see that there are a few following where you are leading.

No comments: