Monday, November 07, 2005

In case you can't get enough of the Myers-Briggs personality profiles....

Last night I sat down with my sweet wife, while the 49ers defense was figuring out how long to keep my hopes alive—which wasn’t long, and we went through all the Myers-Briggs stuff from our staff retreat last weekend. I was able to get a copy of Jen’s profile and we started reading her sections like “May be experiences as” and her “Contributions” which only made her out to sound like the perfect employee.

So I went to read the results of my test only to read that I “May be experienced as” the stinking worst employee (i.e. don’t hire this type of individual). If you think I’m joking, under the section “Contributions” it only listed “Good at Martyrdom.”

Well, last night I took it on myself to search the web to find out if my personality type has any contributions at all when I found a study from Purdue University. Now, either this is some cruel joke or maybe there IS hope for me since they listed President’s Kennedy, Roosevelt, and Johnson as ESTP’s. Jen’s results are SEVEN pages. I think they increased the font of mine to get to Four pages, but nevertheless, it was really interesting to read all the different aspects of my “make up.”

If you are interested in knowing what it says about your type, follow these instructions:

  1. “Click” this line: http://www.purdue.edu/usp/pdfs/mbtiresources/ESTP.pdf

2. Now you should have my results open on a web page. Go to the address line in your web browser and delete the part of the address that is “ESTP” and replace it with your “letters.” Like for Jen, hers is http://www.purdue.edu/usp/pdfs/mbtiresources/INFJ.pdf.



No comments: