Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting and free coffee...or in my case, a signature hot chocolate

At a quarter to 6 I woke up my kids to bring them to the polls today to cast our votes together.  The last time I woke the kids up to go do something we were flying to Florida for a surprise trip to Mecca…..errrrr, Disney World.  This time?   Not so much.

 

But they were excited to go, and the promise of a donut and chocolate milk didn’t hurt either.  It was fun to take them in to stand in line with all these other people and to vote together, letting them see my form and push the buttons.  I feel old because Ciera will actually get to vote in the election after the next one…8 years, “should the Lord tarry.”  Pretty cool.

 

Krispy Kreme donuts are giving away donuts for those who vote.  Starbucks is giving away coffee.  Not being a coffee drinker I took my chances and went in and asked for a free Signature Hot Chocolate…BOOYAH!

 

May God’s will be done today.  Amen.

No comments: