Tuesday, November 25, 2008

First 2 Years in Youth Ministry

Man, I'm really appreciating this book by Doug Fields. It was sitting on my shelf for a while but ended up picking up a copy for a buddy of mine and decided to finally read it for myself. I'm only through the first 5 chapters, but man, what an encouragement. So many great ideas and so much good wisdom.

About 10 years ago I went to YS for their Critical Concerns Course that they do before YS conferences and got to hear Fields teach on this for 8 hours. We also brought him out to our church when I was at Riverlawn.

It was good then and it's still good. Definitely recommended reading for people starting out, and it's a great refresher for those of us who have been doing it for a while. I have so much to learn still!!!!!

No comments: