Monday, February 04, 2008

I am so humbled...

Every once in a while you get one of these glimpses into God doing something through you that you had nothing to do with.

I was on facebook and saw a student that was not one of my middle schoolers, but was a kid in high school at the first church I had a full time gig at. He was the son of the children's minister and was a totally solid kid. Again, I didn't know him really well or anything. But, I remembered him so I "friended" him on facebook.

Today, I look at my messages and I see this from this former HS student:


I have been telling this story for almost a decade now about you and now I have your name. I am always asked when did you really start following God since you came to Christ early in life? I say it was this intern during my freshman year that just said one thing to me. I really didn't know him that well but he asked why did you miss church camp this summer and I said I was in sports camps and working. I really thought it was weird for him to ask me since I really didn't know him. The way you said it made me realize that I have more important things to do in the summer like God. I just want to say thank you for saying those few words which changed my life.

Talk about humbling...

3 comments:

Len said...

you just never know what God will use, do you? That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Our ministry is so so valuable.

Ken said...

no doubt