Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekend Plans

So last Saturday I’m running to the hardware store and I’m listening to the Royals game and I hear them advertising for the upcoming series with the Giants….

Uh……excuse me….what?

As soon as I get home I jump on the royals website…IT’S TRUE!   The Giants are coming this weekend for their second series with the Royals ever.  I missed the first series.  I’m not missing this one!

I told Jen and she was pumped for me.  I told the kids and they were ECSTATIC!  This will be their first giants’ game ever!

I have to work Friday night (DANG IT!).  The kids have some make up games to play on Saturday morning, so after the games, we’re gonna drive up to KC.  I’m gonna drop Jen and Charis off at our friend’s house and I’ll take Ciera and Noah to the game Saturday night.

Then I’m taking a vacation day on Sunday and we are going to the afternoon game! 

I’m so pumped!  The kids both have replica jerseys to wear to the games.  And last night I FINALLY tried on my Mike Matheny/Will Clark home jersey…knowing that I’ve taken the last month off of exercise and eating well (that means eating a bunch of crap and not exercising), I was a little afraid that the jersey wouldn’t fit.  But I tried it anyways!

AH YEAH!  It’s a little snug if I button it, but if I leave it unbuttoned, I’m golden.  I’ve waited YEARS to wear this jersey!   And now, my first time, will be with Ciera and Noah at their first Giants game.

I can’t wait!   All 5 of us will go to Sunday’s game (Charis’ second Giants’ game).  The other cool thing is that we paid $15 bucks each for Ciera and Noah to be in the Royals “Blue Crew” and in this cool kit came a back pack, a watch, a cool VIP pass, a cool Royal’s hat, and tix to the KC zoo and two vouchers for $17 tickets.  For some reason, each kid got TWO packs each.  So we have 8 free tix which is all we need for Sat and Sunday.

I’ll make sure to post some pics on the blog.  What an awesome weekend!

(photo credit:  Ben Margot/AP)

 

2 comments:

Diane Davis said...

yeah... he's finally back to blogging! do post pictures of the game... sounds like fun.

i think we have switched and are now A's fans. yep, it's true.

Ken said...

I might just consider that! especially after this weekend! sheesh!