Monday, March 17, 2008

A sweet word from my boy Noah

Sunday was another day when, because of poor time management, I had to work all day and didn't get to be home with my kids at all. I definitely could have done better during the week to get stuff put out of the way.

so the short story I'm going to share is both very sweet and very scary. Sweet, because it was from my little 7 year old Noah. and scary, because I don't want this to be the theme of my life.

Here is the conversation that took place between my sweet boy Noah and my sweet wife Jen:

Noah: Mom, how old are middle schoolers?

Jen: Like 12 and 13.

N: I can't wait till I'm 12!!!!

J: Why's that, Noah?

N: Cause then I'll get to spend all day Sundays with Dad!


(For 10 weeks during the start of every year, we do Confirmation. This year the timing has been horrible. Church in the morning. Confirmation from 2:30-4 pm. Another worship service from 6-8 pm. yuck! For a while there I was slipping in some swimming with the kids at the Y between church and confirmation. I need to get back to that. I really miss being home on Sundays.)

1 comment:

Dan Rosch said...

ooh ouch