Sunday, October 29, 2006

Workshops with Tony

This morning Tony spoke about contemplative prayer and spiritual disciplines. The afternoon workshops were on body prayers and postmodernism.

Good stuff.

Josh and I were both taken back with the idea that conversational prayer, in the form that we know it as today, has only been around for 40-50 years! I wonder how people prayed 60 years ago...

I told Tony that I thought he was going to easy in the postmodernism workshop, but I think it was more of a passive (anabaptist pun) group than I have experienced with Tony before. When I've heard him before it's in a room of youth pastors and they are defending and fighting and arguing. This group was pretty tame. He talked about Solomon's Porch, Jacob's Well, and a church in Seattle and UMC in Florida.

No comments: