Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Sometimes the Bear eats you and sometimes you eat the bear

So I was talking to my Senior Pastor, a great guy (and I wrote that even though he doesn’t know I have a blog), about my struggles with feeling overwhelmed, lack of time, can’t get things done, etc.

And he said to me, “Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.”

Yeah, except that the friggin’ bear has been eating me for weeks!!!  I rarely eat the bear.  And the next month I am going to miss Saturdays with my kids for the bear because of my bad planning, not saying “no,” and my insatiable appetite for people to like me and feel validated.  I’m going to a conference with Tony Jones this Saturday.  Youth event on the 4th.  Then I’m speaking at two workshop things the next two Saturdays.  I want to be with my kids, but obviously not.  So much to do and so little time.  I’m always feeling overwhelmed!

 

No comments: