Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Youth Pastors Pet Peeves


I received information from another youth ministry here in town this week for a pretty cool upcoming event. Wanting to know more, I checked out the website.

i was reading the bio of the youth pastor, a guy I've never met, and I noticed something that made me laugh out loud and kind of sad.

He had a bunch of typical info listed: Name, wife, kids, favorite food, hobbies, etc. Here's what he wrote under "Pet Peeves"

Pet Peeves: Dudes in flip flops and mandles, bad driving, reading.

Really? Reading is your pet peeve? duuuuuude...I totally hope this is a joke. Because if it's not, what does that mean?

I learned early on that "Leaders are readers." This is definitely a good reminder that I need to be reading more so I can be a better leader.

No comments: