Thursday, January 15, 2009

As close to a review as I'm gonna get




When it comes to writing books, an author LOVES to have people review thier books on thier blogs. When it comes to curriculum, most people don't review it. I mean, it is a book...but it's not really. It's curriculum. It's a book of teaching plans.

Nevertheless, here's as close to a review as I'm gonna get for the second book, "Living as a Young Man of God." Marko had a fun moment last night with his group and blogged about it last night:

"last night, at my 6th grade guys small group, we were getting ready to talk about how jesus is a man we should want to emulate (we’re doing a series called “living as a young man of god“). leading up to that, we first talked about favorite superheroes, and what their strengths and weaknesses were. then i had each guy think of a man they really respect, and would like to be like (at least in some ways). we went around, and each guy talked about the man they respect, a few of that man’s strengths, and at least one of his weaknesses.

but here’s the classic middle school guys part of the story. i have four guys in my small group; and here are the four men they listed, in order:

- “my dad”

- “my cousin’s boyfriend”

- “my grandpa”

- “eddie van halen”

yes, that’s right. eddie van halen.

gotta love it."

Good times. I know of a few people who have used our books and found a couple on the internet. I'd love to hear if you have or are using them and what you think!

No comments: