Friday, December 19, 2008

Volunteer Christmas Gifts

If there is a year that I can be accused of fully geeking out, this would be it.


Here is what I'm giving my volunteers for Christmas and my reasons why:


1. I want them to have something that will remind them that they are TRANSFORMING lives. They are doing nothing short of amazing!
2. While they are transforming young lives, they are being transformed as well.
3. I'm giving them an autobot. The autobot stayed to protect the humans from being killed by the decepticons. So too, our volunteers are protecting our students from being destroyed as well.
4. According to the bio, Ironhide has been injured many times...but never destroyed. So too, especially working with middle school students, man it can be tough. and there will be times when we are damaged. But we won't be destroyed.
I don't know whether the last reason makes we want to puke out of it's lameness or churchiness. Nevertheless, I really hope they feel encouraged and be reminded of how much I appreciate them.
What did you do for your volunteers this year?

No comments: