Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why I do what I do




This doesn't happen nearly as much as we all need it. But every once in a while it does. and when it happens...it's so nice.


I got a wall post from a former middle schooler of mine at Riverlawn. This kid...
he's now a young man (18)...(and don't i feel old saying that)...
nevertheless, this guy's name is Blake and he has some amazing parents. He was such a great kid. One of those kids that you know is going to be successful in everything he does.


and he posted the following on my facebook. So cool. What an encouragement.


Hey man whats up. I was in the Word the other day and i was looking at paul and timothy's relationship. i as i read about them, your name poped into my head and i all i want to say is thank you. paul reached out to a young, curiose, and somewhat naieve timothy. That is what you did for me seven years ago and now i have started a basketball outreach at my church and forty inner city kids are hearing gods purpose for their lives. I am also part of a mentoring program where leaders are being made on the jh level. I am not telling you this to brag but to say i would not be where i am today if it wasnt for you. you invested and now god's kingdom is reaping the benefits. God bless and there is crown waiting for you in heaven. I dont know why god laid this on my heart but let it be a blessing to you.BlAKe

2 comments:

Laura said...

this is what makes it all worth it. what an an amazing young man....a lot like his paul i must say!

Dan Rosch said...

That is awesome when you run into someone like that and you see how god used you to reach them. Praise God from who all blessing flow! Keep on doing it Ken!