Sunday, November 18, 2007

NYWC update

Evidently I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to get the internet working in my room at the holiday inn, so I'm finally at the digital lounge for my update.
 
YS is such a great place for me to come to be refocused on the little things that are so basic that I'm missing.  In a lot of ways it's been really rewarding and affiming of what we are doing in ministry.  In other ways I'm reminded of how far we have to go.  But i really love and appreciate YS and am so glad to be here, with my sweet wife no less, and two of our youth coaches.
 
I'll make this short:
 
Friday opening session:
~the sand guy was good.  Had huge expectations based on Marko's blog and Sean's.  but it was still really good.
~Andy Stanley lead the first session and Marko made a big deal about Andy's last talk and how he was never going to speak at YS again, but all got resolved.  Jen and I had been here for the last talk and we couldn't remember for the life of us what all the hubbub was.
~Andy talked about being humble...and it was great, especially later in the day.  I ALWAYS appreciate guys/youthworkers/speakers who are humble. 
~it was so fun to watch Bob and Nicole enjoy YS and all that it offers.  It's a blast to be here with all of them.
 
 
I'll update the rest later!  promise!

No comments: