Thursday, September 13, 2007

Jen's surprise gift today


So Jen called me earlier in the day and told me that she picked me up a surprise! And after totalling my truck, I could use a pick me up. (pun not intended)


Enter: "Tunes From the 80's" 32 songs from House Party Karaoke.

I finish brushing the teeth and run down to my daughter's room and toss disk one in her karaoke machine.


I start out with "Take on Me" by A-HA.


Ciera and Noah come down and they are just cracking up!


Jen comes down and we perform Dionne Warwick's "That's what Friends are for."


We can't stop so we do the Go-go's "We got the beat."

And our kids are getting pretty wild, I'm sweating like Jack Black in School of Rock, so we decide to slow it down a bit with a religious song...How about "Faith" by George Michael.


I remember the fun organ start and then it goes into a cool pop sound. Jen and I barely got the first line out, "Oh, I thought it would be nice..." before we both made a mad dash for the stop button. I didn't recall the next line, nor did I want to start the conversation at bed time that begain with, "So dad, what does it mean when they sing, 'I thought it would be nice, if I could touch your body?'"

We ended with "Alone" by Heart which isn't much better, or quieter...especially when I'm rocking out.


The kids had fun and i forgot about the truck. so that was nice.

Tomorrow night: Twisted Sister's, "We're not gonna take it" NO!!!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
wouldn't Fat Bottom Girls by Queen be a nice family song? It is about raising children, you know.

Great story, Ken

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to be sick