Thursday, January 17, 2008

It takes Teen Manie to bring out of my blogging silence

It's been a while since i've blogged. Lots of stuff going on. Lots of stuff going on inside my head to blog on.

Nevertheless, let's begin here.

I'm not a big teen mania fan. No offense. I understand what they are doing. It is simply easiest to say that we disagree theologically and theopraxily (if that makes any sense).

I have never appreciated being called by thier call center technicians to plug thier ATF conferences, but understand the marketing idea.

But now this?

Now they've sent me a message on facebook and they want to be my friend?!

Uh....I don't think so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken,

I respect your wishes to be taken off our contact list here at Acquire The Fire. You can email me your full name and phone number, along with your church and I will remove your name from our database. Thank you for serving the teenagers in your community.

Heath Stoner
Director of Acquire the Fire Contact Center
heath.stoner@teenmania.org

Anonymous said...

Ken,
I am sorry our contact center has bugged you in any way. Also i am sorry that the Acquire the Fire event has not been something you have found usefull to minister to your teens. Our only desire is to partner together to reach this generation in a profound way. Please let us know if there is anyway we could ever serve you.
Ron Luce

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you Ken. I think there are better things to do then go to another conference or pay for it too. It's funny your responses come staight from the leaders themselves.

Anonymous said...

Oh wasn't I the person who questions you why you didn't post? Who am I? (sniff sniff)

Kirk Longhofer said...

With my marketing guy hat on...

The marketing center person should be fired. A response like this on a blog is whiney and comes off defensively and makes them look foolish.

Too bad, too. A blog post like yours is a HUGE opportunity to improve and turn the critic into a raving fan.