Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Lame article

You’ve got to love the title of this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070102/us_nm/teens_drinking_dc

Teens binge drink, government study finds

In a related story, The Sky is Blue.

What I do think is ridiculous is that they take a questionnaire that most students probably don’t take seriously, have less than 15K teens take the survey, then make this ridiculous point that because of their findings, HALF of all HS students binge drink…uh, I don’t think so. Half? Why don’t they spend the government money on a survey that would give us some insight into students. The next headline will be, “Teens listen to Music.”

UPDATE: Okay, so evidently I'm an idiot. I did my own little survey and found that 5 out of 5 of us had drank before graduating HS but only one of us had gotten plastered.

So maybe there's more truth to the article than I was aware of. Maybe I need to be more aware!

4 comments:

Mike said...

Rawson my boy,
I didn't read the article, didn't have time. Hope things are going well for you email me sometime and let me know. By the way, I have a beautiful 5 month old baby girl, who I need to get home to. Hope to hear from you soon. mfoster12@hotmail.com

Ken said...

UPDATE: Okay, so evidently I'm an idiot. I did my own little survey and found that 5 out of 5 of us had drank before graduating HS but only one of us had gotten plastered.



So maybe there's more truth to the article than I was aware of. Maybe I need to be more aware!

Anonymous said...

Who was #5?

Ken said...

That'd be Jen