Sunday, January 22, 2006

Day 1

I look rediculous. Partly because I shaved off my beard to look like Paul Sr. of American Chopper but I certainly have not been gifted with that kind of facial hair. The other reason is because I am weighing in at 280 lbs +!!!

Good night.

I have never been this big.

I am scheduled to do a wedding on June 8th or 9th.

I have a watch that doesn't fit.

I purchased a $170 Giants Jersey INTENTIONALLY too small.

More than any of those things, I want to experience what Dallas Willard calls, Easy Routine Obedience, or Discipline.

I would like to master my own body. I would like to have a healthy marriage. I want to be able to compete with my kids athletically and be able to do anything they can do. I want to hold my grand babies.

So here is my plan. For tomorrow.

Wake up at 5 AM. Get out of the house and to the Y before 6 AM. One hour of Cardio. 20 minutes on the walking thing, 20 minutes on the stairmaster, 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer.

My plan is to work out 6 days a week.

All Cardio this week.

Next week I will initiate weight training. One set.

The following week I'll do two sets.

The next week I'll be full on into three sets.

So the first month will be a warm up and then I have three months to kick ass.

Excercise is only one part of the deal.

The next part has got to be eating. I will plan out my meals the day before. I will count calories. If I can limit myself to 2000 calories, I should be golden.

Tomorrow:

Lots of water
1 serving of Cereal, wheaties, skim milk.
Snack: orange, apple
Lunch option A: Pizza with Max S.
Lunch option B: Lunch with Brian from the conference
Snack: Tuna? Maybe a QT Taquito
Dinner: Very light


The other part is that I am going to be doing a whole lifestyle change. So I am going to need lots of help. Food is such an escape for me. I will be praying, reading, blogging, sharing.

Lord, Jesus Chris, have mercy on me a sinner. Grant me the strength I need. I know there is no temptation too strong that I cannot stand up under it. I love you. Thanks. Amen.

1 comment:

Brian Vinson said...

You started something a while back; how's it going? My guess is that it's not going like you planned it -- especially since you said you were planning on "praying, reading, blogging, sharing" and your blog is far from updated.

Do you have any encouragers? Maybe someone to go along with you on your quest?